Vitamin D3 1000 IU
- Enhances calcium and phosphorus absorption, contributing to normal blood calcium levels.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth.
- Maintenance of normal muscle function.
- Supports a healthy immune function.
- Supports cardiovascular health.
- Improved glucose metabolism.
- Plays a role in the process of cell division.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Small, easy-to-swallow capsule
- Allows up-dosing for reduced risk of Vitamin D3 toxicity
Vitamin D is important because it affects a diverse group of biological functions through its influence on gene expression. The body, when exposed to sunlight, makes 90% of our vitamin D. However, most of us are not being exposed to enough, and over-use of sunscreens is one reason, as they can block up to 97% of the body’s vitamin D production. Effective supplementation thus becomes essential.
The only active form of vitamin D is D3 (cholecalciferol). Increasingly more studies are confirming that vitamin D3 insufficiency plays a role in numerous health conditions.